This easy rice porridge is a quick and delicious breakfast alternative to traditional oat porridge. It is endlessly customizable to your preferences and fruits in season. It requires only 5 ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes to throw together in the morning!
This post includes the recipe as well as some of our favorite combinations, including a Mango Sticky Rice inspired version!
Easy Rice Porridge Recipe:
- ¾ cup cooked rice (brown or white) (150 g)
- ¾ cup fresh fruit, chopped (180 ml)
- ½ cup dairy milk or alternative (120 ml)
- 2 Tbsp nut or seed butter (30 ml)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup (optional) (5 ml)
- Add rice and fresh fruit to a serving bowl. Pour milk over top, adjusting the amount to your preference.
- Top with nut/seed butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup and serve warm.
Make it your own:
Adjust proportions to fit your personal preferences. We think sunflower seeds or a few drops of vanilla extract are a nice addition when time allows.
Our favorite Rice Porridge Combinations:
Mango Sticky Rice Porridge
White rice (sushi rice or short-grained is best), fresh cubed mango, 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk (less than the original recipe since it’s so rich), peanut butter (we like sweetened & creamy), cinnamon, and a drizzle of maple syrup:
Fresh Berries & Sunbutter
White or brown rice, sunflower seed butter, fresh berries, and almond milk:
Late Summer Harvest
Brown rice, almond butter, almond milk, sliced pears, and a drizzle of honey:
There are few things more comforting than a bowl of warm porridge in the morning. We know you’ll enjoy this super quick and easy recipe!
Tip: Always have warm rice ready in the morning by using a rice cooker with delay timer! (amazon affiliate link)
Let us know what you think in the comments & tag #vibrantlygfree on instagram with your photos!
Looking for other gluten-free breakfast ideas? Check out some of our fan favorites:
Wishing you many wonderful & delicious mornings,