These tapioca crepes are delicious and versatile. With only 3 ingredients and a delightfully sticky and stretchy texture that is truly unique, I crave them all the time. They are one of my staples for breakfast, lunch, and snacks, and a source of lunch-envy from friends at work. I highly recommend that you give them a try!
These tapioca crepes are:
- packable for travel and outdoor
- sugar free
- sweet or savory
- gluten free (of course!)
- quick and easy
And to top it off, they use only 3 ingredients, 1 bowl, and take 20 minutes of your time. What’s not to love?
Our easy 3-ingredient Tapioca Crepe Recipe:
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup coconut milk*
- 1 egg
- Optional: 1 pinch salt (as a natural preservative if kept unrefrigerated for travel or outdoors)
- Begin by heating a skillet to medium high heat (about 350 F, 178 C).
- Lightly grease the skillet. I use coconut oil and prefer non-stick pans for this recipe. If you use another type of pan, start with lower heat and experiment.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Whisk ingredients together until well mixed.
- The skillet is ready when a water drop will sizzle and evaporate quickly. Turn up the heat if needed - high heat is important for keeping the shape of these crepes.
- Pour ¼ to ⅓ cup of batter onto the skillet. You will need to lift and tilt the pan to encourage batter to mold to the desired shape (they cook quickly!)
- The crepe is ready to flip when the edges are dry and bubbles begin forming throughout the crepe.
- Flip and allow to cook through.
- Cool on a drying rack or dish towel unstacked (they will stick together if stacked before drying).
- Repeat until all of the batter is cooked.
The finished crepes often stick together, but will remain easy to pull apart as long as they have a thickness of about 1mm. To prevent stickiness, you can add 1 Tbsp of rice flour or another gluten free flour. Personally, I like the simplicity of tapioca only and enjoy the sticky texture, but it is a matter of personal preference.
100% Gluten Free Tapioca Crepe Ingredients:
Seriously, could that have been any easier? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Love, ❤︎ Jamie