Oh man, these delicious crispy roasted brussel sprouts hit the spot! Need that perfect addition to a potluck, holiday meal, or your weekly meal prep? These mouth-watering morsels are your best bet. Did I mention that they are so easy to make? With only 5 ingredients, they are practically foolproof. Who knew my vegetable-fearing family would devour them even before the delicious crispy potatoes?! (seriously, it was wild)
Related: Crispy Parsley Roasted Potatoes (we often make these at the same time)
I also like to make these roasted brussel sprouts on Sunday nights as part of my weekday lunches. They make a baked potato and roasted chicken breast feel like a fancy combination. In fact, you can mix and match as you like, because these babies make everything feel fancy!
And did I mention that we like it a little spicy? Turn the heat up or down depending on your taste by adjusting the amount of red pepper flakes. Go forth and eat like royalty!
- 3 lbs (1.3 kg) brussel sprouts, halved with rough ends sliced off
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) olive oil
- ½ tsp (2.5 g) red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp (2.5 g) salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 deg C).
- On a large baking sheet, combine brussel sprouts and olive oil and toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add red pepper flakes and toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, or until brussel sprouts are crisp and the edges are browning.
- Remove from oven, toss with salt, and serve. Enjoy!
Did you try this roasted brussel sprouts recipe?
Tell us how it went in the comments below and tag a photo on instagram using #vibrantlygfree