Ohhh these rice paper wraps are good. Crunchy, fresh, healthy… and with a sticky tangy peanut sauce to boot! These delicious gluten-free dairy-free beauties are quick to make and require no cooking (at all). You can make them in a dorm room, at the beach, while camping, or anytime really. And you’ll want to make them ALL the time – trust us!
Did we mention they have noodles? We LOVE noodles. And so do our dinner guests! This recipe is tried and true with two successful dinner parties. We passed the recipe on both times, and now we’re sharing it with you.
Rice Paper Wraps Recipe:
- 10-12 large rice paper wraps
- 1 medium cucumber, seeds removed, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeds removed, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeds removed, sliced into thin strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, sliced into thin strips
- ½ small red cabbage, sliced into thin strips
- 2 servings (~ 125 g) gluten-free rice vermicelli
- 20 medium cocktail shrimp, shelled, deveined, and tail removed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or alternative
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp sriracha
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp water (or add to desired consistency)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Place rice vermicelli in a medium bowl or pot. Pour boiling water over the noodles, cover, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the sauce in a jar and secure with a lid. Shake until well mixed. Alternatively, add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk.
- When all ingredients are assembled, fill a large bowl or saucepan with warm water. Gently submerge the rice paper in the water for 10 seconds. Note: They will continue to soften even after removed from the water.
- Place the soaked rice paper on a plate. Fill with noodles, vegetables, and shrimp. Fold like a burrito and set aside. Repeat until all rolls are assembled.
- Slice rolls in half (for presentation) and serve with peanut sauce. We like to spoon a bit of sauce onto each crunchy and delicious bite.
Check out our Shop, with 100% Gluten-free and Celiac-Safe products we use every day!
Looking for other easy & delicious recipes? Try these!
Don’t take our word for it, try these recipes yourself! And when you do, share your creations on instagram and tag #vibrantlygfree .
Enjoy this super easy, no-cook recipe my friend!