A 30 minute lentil curry that’s packed with flavor? Yes please! And if you soak the lentils beforehand, you can have dinner in even less time! We LOVE this recipe for travel, last minute dinner guests, leftovers, weeknights, and more! It contains only 9 easy-to-find ingredients and can be made in large batches to freeze for later. Read on to get this amazing recipe for yourself!
This delicious lentil curry is:
- dinner guest friendly
It’s perfect as is and tastes great with toppings – you’ll notice the scrumptious sun-dried tomatoes we added in the photo!
It is a weekly favorite and we’re sure you’ll add this recipe to your line-up as well. We won’t make you wait any longer… here it is!
Kale Lentil Curry Recipe
- 1 cup dry lentils (200 g), soaked 2+ hours in water*, rinsed & drained
- 2 ¼ cups vegetable or chicken broth (530 ml)
- ½ Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small bunch kale, stems removed, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can (400 ml) full fat coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ~4 cups cooked basmati rice
- Add lentils and broth to a medium pot. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer with the lid partially covered, stirring on occasion until lentils are fully cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly massage kale with your hands. Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet. Add kale and saute on medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Use splashes of water to deglaze the pan if needed.
- Add sauteed kale, coconut milk, curry powder, garlic powder, and salt to the pot with the cooked lentils. Mix thoroughly. Heat to warm and serve over rice. Enjoy!
In the photo, we garnish with sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
Check out our other easy & delicious gluten-free meals:
- Thai Red Curry Soup
- Deconstructed Sushi Bowl: an easy no-cook (or low-cook) recipe
- Golden Beet & Turmeric Soup
- Rice Paper Wraps with Tangy Peanut Sauce
- Gluten Free Breakfasts: Easy MUST-TRY Recipes!
Need to add Gluten-Free & Celiac-Safe ingredients to your pantry?
Check out our Shop, with 100% Gluten-free and Celiac-Safe products we use every day!
Don’t take our word for it, try these recipes yourself! And when you do, share your creations on instagram and tag #vibrantlygfree .
Enjoy this super easy, delicious, gluten-free & vegan recipe, my friend!