Imagine waking up to a warm tray of gluten free pumpkin donuts on a crisp Fall morning… With this easy one-bowl recipe, you can make the dream a reality in only 30 minutes or prep and baking time! This gluten free pumpkin donuts recipe makes 10-12 soft and flavorful pumpkin cake donuts with a spiced sugar topping (+ two other toppings you’ll love!).
These beauties are baked rather than fried, and with our coconut butter glaze, taste just like the real deal! If that’s not amazing enough, they are gluten free, dairy free, and paleo, all while packing in a healthy dose of almond flour protein and pumpkin for an energy-packed snack.
We won’t hold you in suspense any longer – here’s the super easy recipe that will lead you to the best gluten free donut you’ve ever had!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts Recipe
- 1¼ cups (120 g) almond flour⠀
- 1 cup (140 g) cassava flour ⠀
- 1¼ tsp baking soda⠀
- ¼ tsp salt⠀
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp (210 g) coconut sugar (can substitute any granulated sugar)⠀
- 1 egg⠀
- ½ cup (120 ml) coconut butter, liquid but not hot⠀
- ½ cup (120 ml) canned pureed pumpkin⠀
- 1 tsp vanilla extract⠀
- See topping instructions below recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (175 C) and lightly grease a donut pan. In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, cassava flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk or stir ingredients to mix thoroughly.⠀
- Add coconut sugar, egg, coconut butter, pumpkin, and vanilla extract to dry ingredients. Mix well.⠀
- Spoon batter into the donut pan, filling each cup about ¾ of the way.⠀
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a donut ring comes out clean. ⠀
- When the donuts have cooled completely, sugar or frost and enjoy!
The Best Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts Toppings:
Mix 1/2 cup coconut sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg well in a bowl.
Using a silicon brush, brush the donut tops with liquid coconut oil and submerge in spiced sugar. We only sugar one side, though you could do both!
Using a silicon brush, brush the donut tops with liquid coconut oil.
Drop sprinkles onto the donuts or submerge for heavily sprinkled donuts.
Note: You can make an easy glaze by mixing water or plant-based milk with confectioner’s sugar, though most have corn starch (which we are avoiding).
Whipped Coconut Cream
How will you top yours?
Missing some Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts Ingredients?
Check out our Shop, with 100% Gluten-free and Celiac-Safe products we use every day!
Looking for other easy & delicious pumpkin recipes? Try these!
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes: the perfect paleo brunch ❤︎
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins >> the perfect take-along snack!
- Crustless Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
We love to see how you use our delicious gluten-free recipes! Please share your creation in a photo on instagram and be sure to tag #vibrantlygfree .
With love and gratitude,