Creamy, indulgent, healthy and SO quick + easy, this Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pasta will quickly become a weekly staple! It was love at first bite for me and I already made it twice… in one week. Read on to see what the hype is all about!
You asked for more blender pasta sauces because they are SO easy! And this recipe, along with the others, will take you only 15 minutes from start to finish. It’s actually faster than making 4 sandwiches (I timed it!).
Why you’ll fall in love this Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pasta:
- Creamy sauce and fresh peppery arugula make for the perfect pasta combination!
- Simple, easy-to-find ingredients — many you’ll have on hand already!
- 15 minutes from start to finish, no chopping required.
- Bold flavor with minimal effort
- It’s vegan, gluten-free, and dairy free
- Tastes amazing hot or cold!
What to know before you start:
You can stretch this meal to 6 servings with extra noodles.
Try 4 servings with lots of extra greens, or up to 6 servings with more noodles! I adjust the dish to the number of guests without changing the sauce ingredients 😉
It’s really that tasty.
I asked my partner what to write for this section, because the recipe is SO easy there isn’t much to know! Just plop it all in the blender and blitz. He said to add that it’s reeeeeally freaking good.
Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pasta Recipe:Print
Creamy, indulgent, healthy and SO quick + easy, this Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pasta is the perfect easy meal. It’s gluten free, dairy free, and vegan, with few ingredients. It’s part of our collection of blender sauces and the entire recipe takes only 15 minutes!
- 5 servings gluten-free penne pasta
- 4 handfuls fresh arugula
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 Roma tomato + more to add chopped at the end if desired
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted if desired
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- Make pasta according to packaging.
- Meanwhile, add all ingredients except pasta and arugula to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Combine pasta, the blender sauce, and arugula. Mix well and serve warm or cooled. Enjoy!
Add more garlic to your liking! We often use fresh garlic because it’s easier — know that fresh garlic will add a stronger flavor. You can mince the cloves and toss them in a fry pan on medium heat with a little oil for just a couple minutes (until fragrant and golden brown) if you prefer the roasted flavor!
This recipe can be stretched to 6 or so servings with a little extra pasta 😉
Photos of the Process
Step 1. Make pasta according to package instructions. Blend the sauce.
Step 2. Combine all ingredients.
Step 3. Mix well and enjoy!
Save this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the ‘save’ button in the top left corner of the picture below:
Hungry for more?
Check out our tasty gluten-free Recipe Index <3
With love and gratitude,