Elegant and delicious, this shrimp scampi recipe is sure to impress. It is fantastic not only because it is a flashy classic, but also because it is quick and easy! Looking for a special occasion dinner but are short on time?
This shrimp scampi recipe is:
- 20 minutes from start to finish
- requires only 3 ingredients
- perfect for beginner to advanced cooks
In our home, it’s one of our Friday date-night favorites. We hope you love it as much as we do!
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1.5-2 lbs (680-900 g) wild-caught uncooked shrimp (shell-on tastes best)
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- In a bowl, combine raw shrimp and olive oil.
- Crush 4 cloves of fresh garlic. Add to bowl and mix well.
- Let marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour for best taste, but marination is not necessary.
- Fry shrimp in a pan, ~2 min. per side on medium-low heat. Exercise caution here - it is easy to overcook shrimp. Simply cook each side until a light white/pinkish color appears to maintain texture and flavor.
Remove shells by cutting through the center groove of the shrimp shell from head to tail using a knife or single tine of a fork. Now you can easily pull off the shell by hand. Then remove the dark black vein that follows the same center groove using a knife.
For a complete meal, mix and match shrimp scampi with different vegetables and starches. We particularly enjoy shrimp scampi with gluten-free noodles, wok-fried asparagus, caramelized onions, and mushrooms – stay tuned for this recipe on the blog.
If you give this recipe a try, tag #celiacsojourness on social media to show off your creations.
► don’t forget to give this recipe a share!
With love and gratitude, ❤ Jamie