My favorite kind of meals are no fuss once the prep is done. Ideally under 30 minutes of prep, pop it in the oven, and voila, delicious food 30 minutes later. I think you can be a foodie and an efficient cook. This incredible roasted chicken fajita recipe fits all of these requirements. It requires only 15 minutes of prep, 30 minutes of cooking, and then it’s just scoop and serve from there. It’s brightly colored, super delicious, and you can’t beat its low maintenance and fuss free style!
Inspired by the popular fast food chain Chipotle, it includes all of my favorite parts of Mexican food: roasted peppers and onions, cumin, cilantro, garlic, seasoned chicken. . . the list goes on. I don’t know about you, but I am always in the mood for Mexican inspired flavors!
It’s perfect for lunch, dinner, make ahead weekend meal prep, parties, potlucks. . . another endless list of possibilities for this easy gluten and dairy free chicken fajita recipe. I like to take a plate along to social outings to show just how delicious healthy gluten free food can be!
With only one pan needed for cooking, the clean up is oh-so-easy!
Roasted Chicken Fajita Recipe:
- 1 lb chicken, chopped into bite sized pieces (0.5 kg)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 medium lime
- ½ cup fresh minced cilantro (40 g)
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil (60 ml)
- ½ tsp dried oregano (0.5 g)
- ½ tsp salt (3 g)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (0.5 g)
- 1 tsp chili powder (0.5 g)
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional) (1.2 g)
- 6 cups cooked white or brown rice
- Combine all ingredients except rice in a large glass baking dish. Toss to mix thoroughly.
- Cover dish with foil or an inverted cookie sheet and bake at 475 deg F (245 C) for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil or cookie sheet and switch the oven to broil for 10 min.
- Remove from oven and serve over a bed of fresh white or brown rice.
- See notes for suggested add-ons, and enjoy!
Our favorite add-ons upon serving: sliced avocado, cheddar cheese, and/or fresh cilantro!
This dish is also delicious wrapped in corn tortillas as a more traditional fajita.