It’s always a pleasant surprise when a recipe experiment turns out just right! This dairy and gluten free pumpkin pie recipe is a fantastic twist on an old classic. While appearing ‘crustless’, this pie has a little secret – the crust is on the inside. Read more to see what I mean…
I’ve always found that dairy free pumpkin pie recipes take sooo long to cook. For example, “add 2 cups of soymilk and bake for 60 minutes,” but oh wait, just kidding, really 2 hours. Therefore, my solution to this problem was to mix the crust into the pie!
Adding 1/3 cups (32 g) of almond flour to the custard base gives the pie a unique texture and absorbs some of the liquid, thus shortening the cooking time to 25 minutes! This delightful addition also adds a bit of that nutty crust flavor to every delicious bite.
We also think almond flour makes this officially a breakfast food.
Here’s how to make this amazing gluten free pumpkin pie:
- 1 15 oz can of pureed pumpkin (or 2 cups fresh) (425 grams)
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup coconut milk (160 ml)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (80 ml)
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract (2.5 ml)
- ⅓ cup almond flour (32 g)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 deg F (220 deg C).
- Lightly grease an 8” or 9” cake or pie pan (~ 22cm).
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake until top is golden brown and pie has solidified - approximately 25 minutes.
Check out our other easy gluten-free holiday favorites:
Need to add Gluten-Free ingredients to your pantry?
Check out our Shop, with 100% Gluten-free and Celiac-Safe products we use every day!
Don’t take our word for it, try these recipes yourself! And when you do, share your creations on instagram with the tag #vibrantlygfree .
Enjoy these super easy, delicious, and gluten-free recipes, my friend!
Save this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the ‘save’ button in the top left corner of the picture below: