These Gluten Free, Dairy Free, & Paleo Pumpkin Muffins are made for snacking! With healthier ingredients and only one bowl needed to make them, they are the perfect side for a holiday meal or take-along snack during the week.
- 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice* (see notes for my blend)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) coconut oil, soft or melted but not hot
- 3/4 cup (180 grams) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (150 grams) maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 C) and lightly grease one 12-cup muffin pan. In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients. Whisk/stir well.
- Then add all wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour batter into the muffin pan until each cup is about 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing muffins from the pan. We like them best plain, with cream cheese, or with coconut butter.
If your coconut oil is too hot, it will prematurely cook the egg. Make sure it’s melted and not too warm when you add it to the mix.
My Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend: If you have the time, use this blend in place of 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice listed in the recipe:
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch allspice
Be careful not to overcook these muffins!
- Category: Baking
- Method: Muffins
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free baking, muffins, paleo baking, paleo recipes