This Chocolate Chia Pudding recipe is a gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo treat! It’s quick with few ingredients — perfect for busy mornings!
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup Full Fat Coconut milk (if solid, warm until liquid)
- 3 Tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 sprinkle of salt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Add all ingredients to a jar. Secure the lid and shake or stir until well mixed. Let rest for a minute, then shake or stir again. Let rest for another minute, then mix one more time.
- Let sit for at least two hours — I prefer overnight. Top with fresh fruit and nuts if you like. My favorite toppings are vanilla coconut yogurt, pecans, raspberries, and strawberries.
You can replace the 2/3 cup (150 ml) water-coconut milk combination with almond, hemp, or other plant-based milk. Water & coconut is my favorite.
This recipe makes a nice thick pudding. Add a little more liquid to thin.
You know you’re finished shaking/stirring when the chia seeds are separated (not sticking together) and remain in the mixture rather than floating to the top (note that some will still float).